FUTURE AHEAD...

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I am sitting in my room and, with a tad more than a month to go for my college life to come to an end, I'm thinking. Thinking about the 'FUTURE', which nobody has seen, nobody can be sure of. What does our future have in store for us? We all want to know the answer, but are afraid of finding it out.
Five years ago when I had joined college, I knew that for the next five years I do not have to worry about my life, about the future. Because for the next five years I will be in this college. But, now the time has come to talk about it. Not because I want to, but because it has now become inevitable. I'm only 23, and I still don't know how much more will I have to walk. I'm not saying this because I'm frustrated with my life, but I'm saying this because I don't know what would happen next. The only thing certain in one's life is 'Death', and the only thing uncertain is 'Future'. Nobody knows what'll happen in the next moment, let alone net day or next week, etc. I also don't know what my future will be, where will I go, what will I do. We, as humans, like to plan out our future, but every time we plan something, there is that one per cent chance of those plans going astray. Why? Because we don't know for sure whether the plans will be carried out with success, or will they crumble to dust. This doesn't mean that people should stop thinking or planning about the future, but what they should not do is over-plan, over-think.
The road to, and of, future is a dark tunnel, which all of us, irrespective of who we are or what we do, have to walk through. We even don't know whether there'll be light or darkness at the end of this tunnel. But, we still have to go through this. It is often said that 'tomorrow never comes'. It is true to some extent, because when 'tomorrow' comes - it becomes 'today'. Do think about it, and stop fretting about the future. Stop thinking too much about something which is not in your hands.   So, live in the present, live today as if it is your last day on this Earth, and I can assure you that when you go to sleep tonight, you'll feel as contended as a small baby who is unaware of any worldly pleasures.

9 comments:

  1. we are the mortals on earth born with a purpose to live. death on that part is inevitable. but why should we worry on that part? life has its own offerings. so, its wise to live every moment with full momentum of excavating the pursuit of truth.

  1. Abhishek Bose said...:

    thank you ma'am for the comment...i agree with you. we all have only one life to live. we don't know whether we'll get another life or not. those are myths, which cannot be answered by humans. so live your life..."apna har din aise jeeyo jaise ki aakhri ho" :)

  1. Melissa Tandoc said...:

    very wonderful reflection coming from a young person like you... it's good to think about the future... and prepare for it... but we must also be aware of the surprises life brings along our journey...

    i've mapped out my life with long term plans... i've finished my nursing course...had lived with street children...ten years away from my family as a missionary... but after those years...at 32, God changed the course of my life and sent me back home...and i was back to step one...

    so i always repeat what my spiritual director told me, "ricominciamo"... begin again...

    God asks of us something new each day :)

  1. Sujata said...:

    Very deep thoughts Abhishek. And a bit melancholic too. I can understand the reasons. You are about to leave the known, the visible and the comfortable or atleast the 'habituated to' life of your College days. But remember 5 years back even this was new...and you might have experienced similar feelings. Yet in the end it all turned out to be a wonderful experience and added to your own growth. As you have rightly said towards the end and I reaffirm - take care of the present and it will take care of your future! Keep smiling!

  1. Motifs said...:

    I just don't understand as to why do people from your generation think so much...you are smart..you have a vision,you are focused...that is all that matters..I wish you all the best for a great life ahead....ALPANA JAISWAL

  1. Manu said...:

    Beautifully crafted and flow of words suits the mood of the reader or rather soothes the mood of the readers. Keep writing for more. :) take care.

  1. Chitra Parmar said...:
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  1. Chitra Parmar said...:
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  1. Chitra Parmar said...:

    This happens with every individual at one point of time in life. You are going through a phase.Its very difficult to predict the future , rather impossible but to dream positively about it motives your senses and you walk and work towards a better life , so never let it too loose!! But you should worry only about the present. Your write up over here makes sense and I like the way your confused state of mind in reflected through it. Keep Sharing your thoughts frequently , and also their after effects :-)

Post a Comment

 
Abhishek Bose © 2011 | Designed by Blogger Templates Gallery