THE HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS...

Thursday, April 29, 2010
The above photograph shows House No.169, Indira Nagar, Dehradun where I currently stay along with seven of my friends - Amit, Anshudhar, Chetan, Deepesh, Mudassar, Nihar, and Pranay.
Never in my wildest dreams had I ever thought that I would be writing this. As the adage goes - the home is where the heart is - since the past ten months this place has turned out to be the place where my heart now resides. I had first come to Dehradun in 2006, and during the very first week of my five-year long stay I had wanted to leave this boring, lazy and sleepy city never to come back. But, college life is one phase which every person has to go through once in his/her lifetime. Similarly, I too had to endure this city and try to acclimatize to it. With time the latter was accomplished, but I still did not find the peace of mind I wanted. By the end of the third year I decided to change my PG for the second time, and decided to move in with the guys named above. And, my life changed.
With them these past ten months just flew away. I hadn't imagined that I would have so much fun, and come to know the real essence of friendship while staying with them. Dehradun, the city which had been a stranger to me, suddenly transformed itself into home. And now a time has come that I don't like to go back to Lucknow (my hometown) as I feel alone there. These days I don't look forward to boarding the train to leave this city, but have to do it s there is no other option in sight.
One more year to go and then I'll have to bid this city a final good-bye because my college-life would be coming to an end. I am sad, and also hate to say this, but I'll have to leave this city forever. More than that I am sad at the thought of leaving these seven guys with whom I have spent some of the most memorable days, months, year of my life.
If God grants me one wish......I would never want this time with my friends to end.

1 comments:

  1. Chitra Parmar said...:

    looks like an old photograph! but it is your memory for lifetime. m sure these days have made your life much more worth than you thought it to be. nice one.

Post a Comment

 
Abhishek Bose © 2011 | Designed by Blogger Templates Gallery